I need your advice on organization: proceed to the bottom and leave me your nuggets of wisdom!
Welcome 2009 - please don't suck.
My to-do list for today, this week, and this month are all looming before me - so here I sit, blogging to avoid housework.
Did anyone makes resolutions? I made a few:
1. To stop drinking pop. This has been attempted before and I failed miserably. Dr. Pepper is how I cope with stress. Anytime Chad picks on me for drinking pop, I just say "Be glad it's not Vodka!" Because, seriously - I'm addicted. I need the caffeine. Plus it's my security blanket - if I feel like I'm losing my cool, I crack open a can and everything is better.
2. To get more organized. For this I will need lots of
Dr. Pepper Vodka. And Chocolate. And a nanny. And one of those organizational gurus from HGTV.
But, honestly - I feel like these 2 resolutions are counter-productive. I'm setting myself up for failure: either I give up Pop and hobble, crippled, through the next month, slowly regaining the ability to function without large amounts of sugar and caffeine OR I tackle my organizational issues head on, with an IV of Dr. Pepper strapped to my arm.
3. Get rid of the TV. I have used TV as a crutch on many a day to keep my children occupied whilst I attempted to get work done. But here's what we decided on the drive home last night:
- Cable TV costs a lot.
- AND we wish we didn't watch it.
- AND we wish we spent more time as a family instead.
- I have tremendous guilt for using the TV to babysit the boys when I am busy.
So, if you have any fabulous organizational advice PLEASE (for the love of P. Diddy!) impart your knowledge and/or tricks to me! Also, advice on occupying a 3 and 1 year old for 12 hours would be welcomed. :-) Happy New Year!