9.30.2008

Miscellaneous Tuesday - because I can

So the 'great bed experiment' went well last night, at least for Cael.  He woke up twice in the night, but didn't even try to get out of his bed.  He seems ok as long as his bed is next to ours.  His problem has ALWAYS been being afraid to be alone.  This is a fear I can relate to.  He gets it from me, for sure.  So tonight is night 2 - both boys were in bed before 8:00.  I was trying to make it until 8:00 but was about to lose my mind.....  I can hear him tossing and turning in there, so it remains to be seen if he will actually obey a second night.... Rest assured I will blog about the results.

*********************

It's looking more and more like Cael's surgery (to remove his tonsils) will be this coming Monday, which is less than ideal, BUT the sooner the better.  My mom will be making the trip out to help me deal with Kyran whilst caring for Cael the first 24 hours after.  I hope this doesn't mess up his potty training successes.  

*********************

It's been 20 some minutes, and silence has fallen on the bedroom.  *fingers-crossed*

*********************

Does anyone else's toddler love The Biggest Loser?  I only ask because they were featuring commercials for kids toys during the show, when I would expect to see like a pizza commercial....  Have they discovered a secret demographic of 3 year olds who LOVE this show? 

*********************

This weekend is packed full for us.  HBC is hosting the 12:1 Run - our first race (as a church)  Last I checked there were over 150 runners registered.  I am among that number, btw.  I can't wait until it's over, for a few reasons:
  1. My friend Laura is coming over to hangout all day
  2. The Chili Dump and Hayride is that night,  a great way to acknowledge Fall has arrived.
  3. It will mean Chad's practices will be over (at least briefly) He just informed me that they will not be stopping.
  4. I can slack off again for a week until I start to train for the Harvest Moon Run. I just realized that the HMR is earlier than I thought, and conflicting with a Reception I will be shooting.
For those wondering I will be running the 5k.

Also this Sunday, Chad is preaching.  He rocks - you should come hear him if you can. If not, you should be able to check him out here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

*********************

I think that's about it..... until tomorrow, :-)


No comments: