9.15.2008

Miscellaneous Monday 2.1

I never know when I should be worried about the economy/housing crisis etc.  The Dow is down like over 500 points. (If it wasn't on the news I wouldn't know that that is bad)  How many points does it have?  If I haven't invested in the Stock Market will this affect me? A lot?  *Feel free to interject any answers you might have in the comments below.*  We've been 'talking about' investing for like 3 years, but just haven't gotten around to it.  I'm thinking now might not be the most opportune time.

*******************

I've been afraid to eat all day, because of the illness in the house.  I have been flanked by both children most of the day.  It makes it difficult to accomplish much.

*******************

I have been planning all day to go running tonight with my Go Go Girls.  We'll see how I feel at 7:00.  I have less than 2 weeks until my next 5k.   So I NEED to go.  Plus the whole cupcake thing..... Yeah. I better go.

*******************

Did anyone else see Oprah today?  It was appalling, and horrific.  If I ever go to jail it will be for murdering a pedophile.  I will spare the gruesome (which it too mild a word) details, but there was a manuel for "How to molest a child", and an instructional video (which they said is not illegal, because it was animated).  They said 30-40% of sexual abuse is perpetrated by a parent of the victim.  What kind of parent does that?  I don't understand.

*******************

Ok - lighter note needed.  My BFF is due to give birth today to her second child.  She went to the zoo and "walked her tail off", but I haven't received the text that she's in labor.  New baby's are so exciting!  And man, this is the year for it.  Very few of my friends have avoided pregnancy in 2008.  Anyways - Hurry up little man!!  Can't wait to see you!

*******************


No comments: