9.15.2008

Miscellaneous Monday #2 (The early bird version)

ETA: More Miscellany (which is a word) to the bottom.

Poor Buddy Cael.  He's sick.  And when he's sick, like this, I am up.  He is prone to high fevers which, always seem to make him throw up.  At least I hope it's the fever.  I do NOT want a repeat of last October's incident.  I will spare you the disgusting details, as I am sure there are many here who do not wish to know the colors and consistencies involved in such posts......  But I will say that last October was the sickest I have EVER been and the sickest I have ever seen my husband OR my kids.  It was a horrible 48+ hours and I hope to never relive it.

 *************

I have decided I definitely like Sarah Palin, which seems like a brave thing to say where I live.   Iowa is a very Democrat-ish state.  I have also decided that I love Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL.  I have seen the re-run of her and the blonde as Hillary, and it's awesome.  I love that they make fun of ALL the candidates.  

**************

I did really well this week at keeping up with my house and dishes.  AND I cooked (like with the oven and everything) at least 4 nights last week.  This is a major accomplishment, as I seem to only be able to accomplish 1 of those things regularly.  (Chad has to pick - real dinner or clean house? Cause I can't do both.)  I do good until today.  Once Cael got sick, I quit trying.  And as for laundry, I quit trying on Wednesday I think.  Maybe Tuesday.  

**************

I am not feeling well, either, and I hope it's all in my head.  Not that I plan on getting much of anything done tomorrow. I mean today.  *sigh*  Cause seriously? If I am awake from 2:30-4:00am I will not be worth much the rest of the day.  It's just a fact.

**************

Our sermon at church today was good.  It was about money, which I know isn't a popular topic all the time.  But I really felt moved to change some things, so we can give more.  We really want to adopt too, but just haven't figured out which route to go yet.  After today I want a baby from overseas, so they don't starve or something.  But I have always been of the mindset that there are babies here (inside the USA) who need a Mom.  So I'm torn.  I know God will give us the baby He wants us to have, whenever that might be.

***************

Infomercial: Now, I want to buy Space bags.  And I want the Shark steam mop too.

***************

It REALLY BUGS ME when people screw up their grammar.  Like wander instead of wonder.  Wander is what you do when you are lost.  Wonder is what you do WHILE you wander.  Also: There, They're and Their are not interchangeable.  

**************

Ok, now I hear (not HERE) Kyran coughing.  Let's hope he's not getting ready to make the day worse.  Cael's fever just broke so I'm thinking about catching some (light) sleep.  I'll add more randomness as the day progresses.

**************

Kyran is not himself either, only completely different symptoms (runny nose, sneezing, cough).  Also I have removed him from on top of the dining room table twice in the last 15 minutes.  Time to move the Dining Room chairs to the kitchen again.

***************

I have skipped Fall altogether.  Went straight to Christmas in my head.  Working on getting all the gifts figured out for everyone.  My goal this year is to NEVER ENTER a single store.  It will all be online. All of it.  This shouldn't be a problem as I completed 75% online last year.  If you think about it, it just makes sense.  Most places offer cheap (or free) shipping as incentive. (Apple and Amazon for two).  Besides if we were to drive to the Mall (2 hours round trip), eat Chick-fil-a for lunch, and Texas Roadhouse for dinner the shopping trip itself would cost over $100, easily.  

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww. Praying (not preying) for my friend Shaina. The Berberich's love you!

Sarah said...

Oh I hate it when everyone is sick!! We had a sick household last October too. Everyone throwing up. Not fun.
I never knew you wanted to adopt. That is awesome!!! The right choice will come to you in time.

Jaime said...

Hey stranger! Hope everyone gets to feeling better! I hear ya on the adoption dilemma! I really hope to be able to adopt in the future also, but feel torn about domestic or looking abroad! GOOD LUCK!