1.08.2009

a little [business] housekeeping

EDIT to add a few more features.  While emailing a Bride I decided I should post some information about some of services we will offer in 2009:

  • Bridal registry:  I have a registry feature on the website that all my brides have access to.  Basically, just like at Target, you create a registry, and pass out information with your invitations or through word of mouth. Then people can log on and gift you money towards your photography to be used for whatever!  Albums, prints, canvases, additional sessions (like Trash the Dress).  It's really pretty great.
  • Invites, Save the Date cards, Thank you notes:  Custom designed with your engagement pictures (or wedding photos for thank you notes).  Very nice personal touch.
  • Guestbook:  You've likely seen these before - I just LOVE them.  It's a custom-designed album with your engagement pictures for people to sign and/or leave words of wisdom, etc...  Again, nice personal touch.  I wish I had one of these - I honestly haven't seen my guestbook since the day I got married.  I have NO idea where it might be!
  • Photobooth: A unique and crazy way to get pictures of the guests at the reception.  We set up a back drop and have a box of props readily available.  Then, guests come over and start having fun, all the while we're taking the shots.  It comes with a little album of the best shots from the night.  All the pictures go into the online gallery for people to view and buy, if they want one.  Here's a link to The Image is Found! They call it Crazybooth, which is fitting!
  • Gallery wrapped canvas' and paintings:  Gallery-wrapped canvas is an awesome way to display the photos of your big day. It's very sheik and modern and I LOVE them. And, I have recently partnered with an artist who does pop-art like paintings of photographs.  This is SO new that we haven't determined pricing for it yet, but I have 2 pictures of my boys and I will be posting photos of the paintings on my blog soon.


This is a Public Service Announcement:  The 2009 prices are posted.  You will all be pleased to know that very little changed.  Portraits are still $200, for now. The only real change is the starting price for weddings has been raised a little.  I am probably going to reevaluate my prices every 6 months but the rule stays the same:  If you book me (contract + deposit) at a price, then it will stay the same.
***********************

Good morning, Thursday - hope you are more fun than Wednesday...

:-)

No comments: