Welcome to Not me! Monday - that time of the week when we proclaim everything we did NOT do. When you're done here swing by MckMama's to see what everyone else has not been up to....
1. I am not the daughter of a 'Carny' (hi mom! love you! Oh - Happy Birthday!). Nor have I ever had said same title on my OWN resumé. Indeed, I have not, in years past, spent days standing in a very hot trailer, near a vat of 400 degree grease, smelling like a giant french fry, with no make up on and my hair in a hot mess on top of my head. Nope. Never happened.
2. Having visited the Fair tonight I did not feed my children the following (in this order) for dinner... eh'hem:
- A piece of Birthday cake. Each.
- A Funnel Cake
- An ear of corn, soaked in enough butter for it to run down to my elbow.
- A bowl of "Nitro Ice cream", which, although tasty, appears to have been just very cold 'regular' ice cream.
- A half of a burger and a handful of french fries
- All the (fresh, hand squeezed, made from scratch) Lemonade they could drink.
Mother of the Year. Right here folks.
3. After all that Lemonade I did not have to improvise a bathroom solution for the 4 year old. Here's what (didn't) happen: He proclaimed his need for the bathroom (or a tree) just as we left the gate from the Fair. Observing that we were a great distance from any legal bathroom solution, and not secluded enough for peeing on a tree I thought on my feet. I offered him the chance to pee into a diaper, but said he had to wait until I got his brother into his carseat. By the time I got back to the 4yo, who I left standing alone in his daddy's truck, he was standing there looking at me, baring all, with a VERY concerned look on his face. No sooner had I covered him with the diaper, did he begin to fill it. I never even strapped it on.
4. I am not planning to go BACK to the Fair 2 more times this week!
Ok - I'm all tapped out. What did you not do this week?
Wichita Kansas Photographer | Shaina Pearce Photography